Whether you are a Big Red fan or a fan of our opponent, we want you to have an enjoyable experience during your visit to Cornell University. The parking and tailgating policies below are designed to ensure your safety and comfort. The Cornell University Athletic Department designates permissible tailgating areas/parking spaces that are available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be saved. Fans that wish to park together must enter lots with their vehicles at the same time, displaying proper parking passes. All fans parking vehicles are subject to the parking regulations, and if fans would like to tailgate, they are also subject to the tailgating regulations. By acceptance of a pass, one agrees to abide by the requirements of the Cornell Athletics tailgating policy and Cornell Universities Policy for Events Involving Food or Alcohol.
- Keep sidewalks and roadways clear of obstructions for those who use wheelchairs or walk with assistive devices. ∙ Respect the beauty of the grounds, and follow the directives of our parking attendants and special events staff. ∙ Exhibit proper behavior at tailgate parties and during the game. Foul abusive language, drunken and/or rowdy behavior will not be tolerated and will be cause for ejection and/or arrest.
Please notify the nearest Cornell police officer or event staff member if bad behavior of this type is evident in your vicinity.
Visit out Parking page for specific game parking information.
- Motor Homes/Campers (RVs) and large trucks (U-Haul-type, over 2-1/2 tons) are not permitted in the tailgating area without Athletic Department approval. Such vehicles will need to purchase parking passes for as many spaces as the vehicle occupies. ∙ Buses are not permitted in the tailgating area.
- Parking areas must be cleared two (2) hours after the conclusion of the game.
- Parking on grass is prohibited.
- Tailgating is only allowable in designated tailgate areas.
- Each permit is valid for one (1) parking spot. Do not set up chairs and tables in an adjacent parking spot without purchase of an additional permit.
- Tailgating spaces are limited. Chairs, tables, tents, etc. must be confined to a small area behind your vehicle (tailgate).
- Tailgating is permitted beginning three (3) hours prior to the start of the game unless otherwise communicated by Cornell Athletics (including, but not limited to, Friday night games).
- Tailgating is NOT permitted during the game.
- University regulations and state statutes on drug and alcohol consumption will be strictly enforced. University policy and state law precludes the serving of alcoholic beverages to anyone less than 21 years of age. Hosts who furnish alcohol to underage students may incur criminal risks and personal civil liability exposure. In addition, your permit will be revoked and you will be required to leave University property. Alcohol is not permitted beyond the tailgating perimeter and is restricted to the parking lots denoted on the issued tailgating permit.
- Kegs, party balls, drinking games and/or mass consumption purchases of alcohol are prohibited.
- All pop-up canopies and tents must be properly anchored to the ground with supporting weight or stakes. A 10×10 canopy should be anchored with approximately 100lbs of weight on paved areas where staking is not an option. Pop-up tents not properly secured or posing risks and/or injury as a result of inclement weather will be asked to be taken down and removed from the tailgating area. For more information, visit the University’s Tent Permit website.
- Propane tanks exceeding 2.5lbs are NOT permitted. Use of propane grills is required to be accompanied with an approved in-service ABC Fire Extinguisher. Propane grills should not be within 10 feet of a vehicles gas cap and must at least two feet above the parking surface so heat does not cause damage to the asphalt. Please do not leave hot grills unattended. For more information, visit the University’s Grill and Cooking Equipment Safety website.
- Charcoal grills are NOT permitted.
- Waste food items and trash must be disposed of in appropriate containers that are provided throughout the grounds.
- Cornell Athletics reserves the right to restrict tailgating at their sole discretion.
If you have a disability and are having trouble accessing information on this website or need materials in an alternate format, Contact [email protected] for assistance.